Thursday, January 19, 2017

Tasting - Charles Shaw Shiraz


Name: Charles Shaw
Variety: Shiraz
Region:  Napa and Sonoma, California
Country: USA
Year: 2014
Price: $3.29/bottle

Winery Review (Wine critique): “So then we switched over to reds, and I thought, "surely these will be better!!" Ha. At first I thought this was fine, but then I tasted something metallic, like biting on a penny, and finally it made my mouth feel icky. It's sour. At first, the fact that there are different flavors bubbling up is a blessed change from the previous wines, and you hope that the cacophony settles into what one might call an "interesting" wine. This goes totally the other way. It's just gross.”

My Review: Eh, kinda bad. At first I thought the wine tasted decent for its price, but the more I drank it, I found it tasted watered down and not even like wine. The after taste is similar to what the critique said it has a bit of a “metallic” taste, as if I had just taken a penny out of my mouth. It tasted like a “fake wine,” felt very thin and tasted watery. I will not be finishing this glass of wine. I tasted it on its own, not with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment