Sunday, March 12, 2017

Tasting - [yellow tail] Shiraz

Name: [yellow tail]
Variety: Shiraz
Region: South Eastern Australia (South Australia, New South Wales and Victoria)
Country: Australia
Year: 2009
Price: $7.99


Wintery Review: “This [yellow tail] Shiraz is everything a great wine should be – vibrant, smooth, rich and easy to drink. Red berries, spice and liquorice. Enjoy with steak or in front of a roaring fire.”

My Review: The first thing I noticed about this wine was that the bottle was sealed with a screw cap. I researched the reasoning behind why yellow tail does it this way and their website explains it’s due to convenience, security, and to ensure optimum quality. I tried this wine at breakfast with eggs and toast, even though after tasting it, I realized it would be have been better with a steak dinner or served hot, like a mulled wine!

         The wine is a pomegranate red color. It smelt and tasted like fig newton and prune juice, a little sweeter and smoother than prune juice though. The texture is thick and syrupy. I would like this wine served hot.

1 comment:

  1. You really make me want to try this wine! But how did it make you feel when you were drinking it?

    ReplyDelete